ClaimMedic is fighting to empower healthcare consumers by reducing the financial burden of proper healthcare. Over 50% of bankruptcies in the US are caused by unaffordable medical bills, and over 70% of medical bills have errors in them that cause patients to overpay. We want to make sure that no-one pays more than they should for healthcare.
Working at ClaimMedic is more than just a job – it’s a mission to improve the cost of our nation’s healthcare system – one patient at a time.
Our Billing Negotiators are the primary line of defense for our patients and are the leaders and managers in patient cases. They need to be passionate and persistent about helping patients lower their costs, creative in how they negotiate, and unwilling to take ‘no’ for an answer. They split their time analyzing bills and EoBs, on the phone updating patients on the progress of their case, negotiating with payers/providers/collections agencies to reduce patient bills, and managing and mentoring Billing Advocates (who report directly to them and assist them in getting all of this done).
Initial Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Analyze insurance EoBs and medical bills for errors
- Develop and execute on strategies for auditing and reducing patient medical bills
- Negotiate directly with payers, providers, and collections agencies
- Manage and work with Billing Advocates to more efficiently and effectively execute on Patient accounts
- Build out and improve upon the ClaimMedic ‘playbook’ for reducing medical bills
- Work with senior management to scope out and execute on other projects that improve ClaimMedic operations
- Assist with any other items as needed.
Top Candidates will exhibit the following traits:
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability to do the right thing for our patients (not just work a 9-5).
- Strong identification with why we’re doing what we’re doing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience and demonstrated skill in negotiation.
- Ability to work with management to identify potential issues and improve on processes to ensure that we save our patients the most money possible.
- Team player without an overactive ego (we are a startup and everyone pitches in where needed)
- 2+ years of experience in medical billing or medical insurance (e.g. medical billing or claims office, Provider or Payer Relationship Representative, experience as a paralegal negotiating payer claims, etc)
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Prior experience negotiating medical bills on behalf of patients is helpful but not required
Competitive, depending on experience. Will include base + benefits + company equity and performance bonus.
Bachelor’s Degree Strongly Preferred